Looking for a content marketing podcast?
I got you.
This comprehensive list includes all of the top shows that content marketers, entrepreneurs, and marketers need to know about.
From long-time favorites like The Copyblogger Podcast to newer upstarts like The Long Game Podcast, there’s something for everyone on this list.
So whether you’re looking for actionable tips or inspiring stories, you’ll find what you’re looking for in one of these great podcasts.
The 13 Best Content Marketing Podcasts in 2024
- The Long Game Podcast
- The Copyblogger Podcast
- Marketing School
- Social Media Podcast
- Online Marketing Made Easy
- Duct Tape Marketing
- The Marketing Companion
- Content and Conversation
- How to Win
- Everything is Marketing
- My First Million with Sam Parr and Shaan Puri
- This Old Marketing with Joe Pulizzi and Robert Rose
1. The Long Game Podcast by Omniscient Digital
I’m clearly biased, but it’s a simple fact that we at Omniscient Digital run the best content marketing podcast in the world.
Why’s it the best?
Glad you asked.
First, we eschew the typical rules and format standards of business podcasts in our space. We don’t prep the guests with a predetermined list of questions, we don’t do awkward and drawn-out basic questions in the conversation (“so…tell me about yourself!”), and we don’t try to force tactical, practical ephemeral lessons.
Instead, we do long form conversations with our guests where we can tease out the mental models, operating principles, motivations and drives that contribute to long term success in SEO, demand generation, content, and business in general.
In addition to our long form interviews, we also run “Kitchen Side” episodes – these feature the co-founders of Omniscient (Allie, David, and myself). In these, we argue, brainstorm, debate, and chat about the behind-the-scenes decisions and strategies of our agency.
Check out a few of our recent episodes here:
- Kitchen Side: How Our Thinking of Content Strategy has Evolved Over Time
- How to Fulfill Customers’ Needs with CRO with Raphael Paulin-Daigle
- How to Build a High-Performing Marketing Team with Andrew Davies
2. The Copyblogger Podcast
If you’re a fan of Copyblogger, then you’ll love their podcast.
The Copyblogger Podcast is a weekly podcast hosted by Tim Stoddart and Ethan Brooks.
Side note: we had Tim on our own podcast recently and he was awesome.
The Copyblogger Podcast is consistently great. They feature expert guests from time to time, but sometimes they just riff between the two hosts.
They cover tons of topics, now spanning outside of copywriting and content marketing into the general world of digital marketing. Recent topics include email newsletters and paid communities, podcast and newsletter ads, AI content writing, storytelling, and OnlyFans.
The hosts are great, the topics are covered comprehensively, and the tone is fun and honest. Great content marketing podcast.
Recent episodes of The Copyblogger Podcast:
- Thoughts On Podcasting, Newsletter Ads, (And $3k+ Per Mo. On 15k Subs)
- The Email Expert Who Sends A $149/mo. Paper Newsletter
- 3(ish) Rules From Building Multi-Million Dollar Communities
3. Unthinkable with Jay Acunzo
I look up to Jay Acunzo. When I interviewed him on my podcast recently, I was nervous.
He’s one of the content marketers I look to for creativity, ingenuity, and honesty. You’re not going to get 101 level marketing tips, small business content creation tips, or anything cheesy with Unthinkable.
You’re going to get amazing storytelling driven by interviews and research that center around a business narrative and lesson.
It’s a solid format, one that is quite unique in the business space. It resembles more of an NPR podcast like Planet Money or something than your typical interview style podcasts.
Anyway, it’s one of the best marketing podcasts out there.
Recent Unthinkable episodes:
- The Best Thing to Do Is The Right Thing
- How to Write and Speak with Greater Impact | One-Shot #19
- Expect the Unexpected
4. Marketing School with Neil Patel and Eric Siu
Are you looking for some quick and actionable tips to improve your marketing? Then check out Marketing School.
In each episode, hosts Neil Patel and Eric Siu share 10 minutes or less of valuable marketing advice.
It’s the perfect show for busy professionals who want to get better results from their marketing efforts without spending hours listening to a podcast.
Personally, I’m one of the content marketers than LOVES spending hours listening to a podcast and diving in deep. But to each their own. I know there are lots of busy people out there who don’t wanna waste their time listening to long podcasts (or reading long blog posts) like I do 🙂
Recent episodes of Marketing School:
- Just Keep The Main Thing The Main Thing #2283
- The Main Metrics You Should Track With Your SEO Campaign #2284
- How Becoming a Media Company Helps You Fight Algorithm Updates #2285
5. Social Media Marketing Podcast by Social Media Examiner
As the name implies, Social Media Marketing Podcast by Social Media Examiner is all about social media marketing.
Each week, host Michael Stelzner interviews a different social media expert to bring listeners the latest news and tips. Whether you’re just getting started with social media marketing or you’re a seasoned pro, this is one podcast you won’t want to miss.
Recent episodes of Social Media Podcast:
- Three Steps to Develop a Personal Brand
- Instagram Strategy Audit: How to Renew Your Results
- How to Use Google Analytics 4 for Marketing
6. Online Marketing Made Easy with Amy Porterfield
Online Marketing Made Easy, with host Amy Porterfield, is a super popular digital marketing podcast.
In each episode, Amy shares actionable tips and strategies that her listeners can use to improve their online marketing campaigns. If you’re looking for practical advice from a real expert, this is the show for you.
She’s a great interviewer that knows her audience. Many of the topics touch on the more emotional or psychological side of entrepreneurship, which I appreciate. So it’s not all “LinkedIn strategy this” and “SEO strategy that.” It’s got some heartfelt conversations that will inspire you beyond the basic marketing topics (though she has many of those as well).
Recent episodes of Online Marketing Made Easy:
- Master Your Inner Critic & Build A Thriving Business
- 72% Of Entrepreneurs Struggle With Mental Health: Proven Ways To Deal With This
- An Honest (& Vulnerable) Conversation About Divorce, Break-Ups, & Transitions As An Entrepreneur
7. Duct Tape Marketing
Small business owner? Got the podcast just for you.
In Duct Tape Marketing, host John Jantsch shares helpful tips and advice on how small businesses can grow and succeed. Whether you’re just starting out or you’ve been in business for years, you’ll find something useful in this great podcast.
John has been running Duct Tape Marketing since 2005. He conducts great interviews and drops two episodes weekly.
Topics are wide ranging, from data and analytics to marketing tips and tactics (and industry specific topics) he’s got it all.
Recent episodes of Duct Tape Marketing:
- Effective Ways To Differentiate And Scale Your Business
- How To Unleash Your Best Ideas And Create More
- Why Email Marketing Is (Still) Important In 2022
8. The Marketing Companion with Mark Schaefer
The Marketing Companion is a weekly podcast hosted by Mark Schaefer. Mark is a great podcast host with strong opinions. He’s also a great podcast guest (I interviewed him recently).
He hosts a variety of guests from different expertise areas, some recurring guests like Dennis Yu.
Marketing Companion features a wide range of topics within the marketing space. They cover everything from digital marketing strategies to industry news and trends.
It’s one of my favorite podcasts because it’s so future focused. Mark Schaefer has made tons of business predictions of the years, many of them scarily accurate. He’s also just a phenomenal writer, digital thinker, and podcast host.
It’s a must listen, in my opinion.
Recent episodes of The Marketing Companion:
9. Content and Conversation with Siege Media
Content and Conversation is a content marketing and SEO focused podcast, one of the best podcasts to focus specifically in these areas.
Hosted by Ross Hudgens at Siege Media, each episode features industry leaders who share their insights into hot topics like content promotion, link building, and more.
If you’re looking for actionable tips and advice on how to make your content stand out from the crowd, this is the podcast for you.
I interviewed Ross on our own podcast a while back and it was one of my favorite episodes. We talked about building a content team, traffic generation tips, and all things content marketing:
Recent episodes of Content and Conversation:
- The Biggest Threat to SEO w/ AJ Kohn
- Startup SEO During a Downturn w/ Eli Schwartz
- How To Scale From 0 to 200k Visits w/ Gaetano DiNardi
10. How to Win with Peep Laja
How to Win, hosted by Peep Laja of Wynter, isn’t just a content marketing podcast. It’s a business strategy podcast focused on answering the question, “how do you win at B2B marketing?”
In my opinion, this is one of the best marketing podcasts out there nowadays. I listen to each weekly episode and have learned a ton.
Peep, at heart, is an amazing content marketer. He built the CXL blog from the early days that formed the foundation of CXL’s agency and later CXL Institute (and eventually built Wynter).
Dude is a no-BS researcher, interviewer, host, and writer. And it comes out in the presentation of this podcast.
Featuring experts and leaders across various disciplines (SEO, product marketing, CMOs, etc.), it’s one of the most practical podcasts I listen to regularly. The format is great too – beautiful editing, and it’s not just the raw interview. Peep adds his own color commentary to the points made by the executives, entrepreneurs, and marketers he interviews.
Recent episodes of How to Win:
- Diversifying your product offering with Kovai.co’s Saravana Kumar
- Six tips for building your business with Jellyfish’s Kyle Lacy
- Feedback loops and free product offerings with PandaDoc’s Mikita Mikado
11. Everything is Marketing with Corey Haines
Everything is Marketing by Corey Haines is a podcast focused on understanding and implementing effective marketing strategies and tactics. Corey is a 20-year veteran of the marketing industry, and he’s got insights galore.
Each episode dives into different topics, ranging from digital marketing to offline promotion. He also interviews experts in the fields of content creation, SEO, analytics, and more.
This podcast has been deprecated, but it’s worth listening to the archives for great insights on SaaS marketing and more.
Recent episodes of Everything is Marketing:
- Amanda Natividad — Permissionless Co-marketing, Product-Led Content, & Cold Email Outreach
- Adam DuVander — Developer Marketing & The DEV Content Framework
- Guillaume Moubeche — Bootstrapping to $10M+ ARR, Marketing Like a Media Company, & Positioning in a Crowded Market
12. My First Million with Sam Parr and Shaan Puri
My First Million is one of my favorite all-around podcasts. In it, hosts Sam Parr and Shaan Puri interview entrepreneurs, investors, writers, and more about the paths they took to make their first million.
This inspiring podcast is full of actionable advice and helpful tips from some of the biggest names in business – a must-listen for anyone aspiring to financial success.
This is now one of the few podcasts I listen to every episode and anticipate it on my feed. Fun, entertaining, but also super inspiring and useful. They weirdly hit every value add a business podcast should hit.
Recent episodes of My First Million:
- Reaction To The Collapse of FTX and Sam Bankman-Fried
- Framework Friday: Easy Choices, Hard Life. Hard Choices, Easy Life.
- Andrew Wilkinson: The Hardest And Easiest Businesses To Start
13. This Old Marketing with Joe Pulizzi and Robert Rose
This Old Marketing features two content marketing veterans: Joe Pulizzi and Robert Rose. In each episode, they talk about the latest news in content marketing and business and offer their unique insight into what it all means for you.
Joe Pulizzi was the founder of Content Marketing Institute and Robert Rose was their Chief Strategy Officer. As many know, CMI was one of the O.G. websites in the content marketing space.
The podcast is filled with wisdom on content marketing topics, which run the gamut from SEO to copywriting and even modern topics like the creator economy and NFTs.
Recent episodes of This Old Marketing
- Breaking Twitter News: Everything Marketers Need to Know
- Watch out Twitter … Here Comes Mastodon
- B2B Content Marketing: Opportunities and Trends [Special Episode]
I’m a big fan of podcasts in general, and I spend a lot of time listening to marketing podcasts.
Of course, we run our own content marketing podcast here at Omniscient. We aim to produce the best one in the world.
In pursuit of that goal, we spend a lot of time listening to other podcasts – learning, taking notes, trying to deconstruct what makes a great interview, and more.
This list summarizes my favorite 13 content marketing podcasts. I’m sure I missed a few, so just shoot me a message if there are any others I should consider.